Tuesday, May 08, 2007

There's a reason why stained glass is a lost art




Tarr might have been the dog who did a little scent marking on the table at the sweatshop where I was working on this stained glass but I'm not sure. I thought the decent thing to do would be to wipe it up, no matter which dog did it, and when I was down at floor level, I found bloodstains all over the floor. Yikes.

I have bled for this project myself but not enough to leave large stains on the floor. But add to that getting burned by the soldering iron, possibly poisoned by flux, getting a sore neck and butt, spending many otherwise beautiful days indoors and many dollars, I declare I will never make stained glass again.

Even so, I am pleased with the way it turned out and hope it will fit in the place that it was created to fit. (See red oval).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar. I go through a lot of band-aids, but even still, I keep making more windows. Yours is lovely. Those curvy background pieces look challenging.

Kim said...

It's gorgeous, and looks incredibly difficult for a first project.

I bet it'll bring you joy every time you see it (and maybe a wry grin at the memory of the hassle).

Kim
Harrison, AR