Sunday, May 14, 2006

Spatial Education



I made these window frames all myownself. Some boards I had to cut three times to get them right. But they are is solid and straight and mostly at right angles. It was a challenge because I was using used 2x4s that had warped and twisted. I am so awed by carpenters.

Note to self: Get a mitten idiot for my pencil.
Welcome new gizmo...the Hitachi mitre saw! I went to Lowes to buy a cheap circular saw and they sold me this for less than half price because it was a display model. I have cut butter that was more difficult than cutting wood with this thing. Amazing.

But its not all work. Following posts are about a short romp we took over to the cave and spring. We had been hearing the water all morning so off we went.
Also heard: Barred owls, Black & white warblers, indigo buntings, red-eyed vireo, bells vireo, pileated woodpecker, prairie warblers, phoebes, white-eyed vireos and lots of unidentified birds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tarr has good hearing! Maybe it is because he is not running that damn chainsaw.

Anonymous said...

It looks good so far, hon.
Good job!

I like your ambition.